New! word recall program
Addressing word recall struggles can be the key to improving fluent usage of names and words studied in classes or associated with personal, academic, or social activities.
Does your child:
- Know the word he/she wants to say, but cannot think of it?
- Have difficulty remembering the names of people, places or objects that he/she knows?
- a real word for a nonsense word that sounds like the real word he/she can't remember (such as, says "custard" for mustard; "geophy" for geography)
- the function of the word he/she can't remember (such as, says "cutting" for scissors)
- a description word for the word he/she can't remember (such as, says "the brown one" for penny)
- vague words for words he/she can't remember (such as, says "stuff, you know, watch-a-ma-call-it")?
If the comments above sound familiar, keep reading!
What is a word recall program?
The word recall program at True Potential Education focuses on improving student's word recall skills by addressing the error pattern that is specific to each individual. The purpose of the program is to provide word retrieval strategy instruction, and then word-finding self-advocacy and word-finding accommodations.
Don't miss our introductory rate!
The best curriculum has been researched and studied, and now in an effort to allow us to explore the best fit groups both in size and age range, the summer program will be offered at an introductory rate. We will continue into the fall, with a new pricing structure in place. Don't miss your chance!
WHEN: June 11 to July 29* No classes July 2 - 6.
- Grades 3-5
- Tues. 3:00-3:45pm /or/ Wed. 9:00-9:45am
- Grades 6-8
- Tues. 11:00-11:45am /or/ Thur. 1:00-1:45pm
- Grades 9-12
- Wed. 3:00-3:45pm /or/ Thur. 10:00-10:45am
*All students will schedule an individual error pattern assessment prior to June 11. Classes will be taught in a small group setting.
**If your student is outside of the grades listed above please contact us for further details.
Ready to find out more?
Contact us for information regarding program fees, registration forms and additional questions. We're here to help!